Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, the type of massage techniques we use at The Podiatry Experts is:
- Deep massage: This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. It’s commonly used to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Trigger point massage: This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
Benefits of massage
Massage is generally considered part of integrative medicine. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Benefits of massage:
- · reduced muscle tension
- · improved circulation
- · stimulation of the lymphatic system
- · reduction of stress hormones
- · relaxation
- · increased joint mobility and flexibility
- · improved recovery of soft tissue injuries
Common conditions we use massage therapy at The Podiatry Experts:
- · Calf tightness
- · Metatarsalgia
- · Shin splints
- · Achilles Tendonitis
- · Plantar fasciitis